Why Yoga and Mindfulness for Kids?
Kids are curious and inquisitive by nature and it’s our job to help nurture that quality within them. Yoga teaches meaningful skills to help reinforce and support mindfulness development. While providing a safe space away from electronic devices and toys, yoga and mindfulness offers children the opportunity to build life-cultivating skills in a fun, engaging and healthy way. Some of the invaluable benefits include:
- Development of body awareness
- Management of stress through breath, meditation and physical activity
- Increase in confidence and self-esteem
- Learning to use energy more efficiently
- Understanding how to quiet the mind and make stillness in the body
- Building concentration and capacity to focus
- Development of a stronger, flexible body that can improve posture and balance
- Supporting self-regulation of emotions and energetic state
- Encouragement of compassionate peer and social interactions
Yoga helps children see the greatness inside of them while building self-esteem and confidence, as they get comfortable with their own bodies allowing them to connect with who they are on the inside.